Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cascading Stars

Happy New Year everyone! Let's hope it's full of crafty goodness for all.

I've been busy this morning making a card for my dear friend's 50th birthday. I made a cascading card of stars. It's been a few years since I made this type of card and it was a bit of a challenge for my brain to work out the dsp sizes etc, but I kind of got there in the end. Our birthday message was added on the back.

I used red, black and silver as my theme with touches of white and here is the result:





Materials used:

  • stamps - Happiest Birthday Wishes
  • card - real red, basic black, Modern Medley dsp, whisper white, silver glimmer
  • other - large and small star punches, itty bitty star punch, deco label framelits, Big Shot, timeless type alphabet/numeric die set, 1" square punch
  • non SU - tulle, acetate

You can find a great tutorial for cascading cards here and I was inspired by some wonderful cascade cards here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! This is absolutely awesome.

Patrice said...

Looks awesome Kerry. Great job!

Margaret said...

This is amazing! What a fun card!!

Eileen said...

Awesome, I have someone 70th birthday coming up so fancy trying this. How did you attach the toile if that is what it is called. Thanks for sharing this awesome card.

Kerry Parkinson said...

Eileen I cut a small piece of card about 1/2" thick and put some sticky strip on it, then gathered the tulle onto the adhesive and put another strip of adhesive over the gathers to hold them and used that to attach to the inside of the card. Hope that helps!

Eileen said...

Thanks so much, I will try and figure it out as it looks awesome!!!!!