Thursday, August 9, 2018

At the Crack of Dawn

Thursdays mean an early start for DD20; it takes about 2 hours for her to make the train and bus commute to uni in Sydney from the mountains, so this morning we were both up before the winter sun. As I was driving home again, I was treated to a stunningly gorgeous orange and yellow sunrise which made my fingers itch to get out my distress oxides.

My card is certainly no match for the beautiful vista that was laid before me, but I love it nonetheless.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Wonderland
  • card - whisper white, basic black, so saffron
  • distress oxide inks - antique linen, squeezed lemonade, spiced marmalade, fired brick, black soot
  • other - post it note, 32mm (1 1/4") circle punch, blending tool, mounting tape

I've kept it simple because, really, Mother Nature often needs no adornment. I hope the sunrise was as beautiful where you are. Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Rob I said...

Thank you for letting me know what a sunrise looks like, you are up way too early for my likings. Must have been a hard task to get those oxides out. Stunning card. Simple but gorgeous, as you say mother nature does it all with simplicity

Laurie said...

I'm partial to pretty sunrises and sunsets and love the way you've captured this one with distress oxide inks. You've inspired me to play with my inks more if I can get results like this. REALLY beautiful!