Tuesday, October 30, 2018

That's A Wrap

DD20 finished her Bachelor's degree last week.

I know, right? ðŸ˜²

Where the heck those three years disappeared to, I just don't know.

Anyway, she went off to visit DD26 in Melbourne for a long weekend, which gave me the perfect opportunity to make a card without her seeing. Although her graduation ceremony won't be until next year, I thought the completion of all her hard work was what deserved recognition. As luck would have it, Nitwit Collections recently put out Silver Screen themed digital papers and elements, most of which are just right for my budding director/scriptwriter/producer. (I guess I should mention here that she did a Bachelor of Media, majoring in Sound and Screen Production, and plans to go on to a Masters in Directing or Producing)

Here's the twist and pop card I had a ton of fun putting together for her. The back cover has the same gold paper as the front.




Materials used:

  • card - basic black, whisper white, Silver Screen digital papers (Nitwit)
  • other - On Film thinlits (retired), Big Shot, computer and printer, poppy parade Stampin' Blends, black ribbon (stash), mounting tape, strong adhesive, mini glue dots

The black and gold colour combo is perfect because when her graduation does come around, the hood colour for her degree is gold. Serendipitous, don't you agree? 

If you haven't yet tried a twist and pop card, I encourage you to give it a go. Great fun and a huge wow for the recipient. For a link to the excellent tutorial I use click HERE.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez


1 comment:

Rob I said...

wow, that is one brilliant card. Isnt it great to find the exact patterned paper one needs at the right time. DD2 will love it