Monday, December 3, 2018

Deer Oh Deer

SU's Dashing Deer and Joyous Noel speciality papers have been getting a real workout in my craft room lately as I've been busy with Christmas cards for various people.

Firstly I adapted the card I made recently for the Less is More challenge, simply adding two more layers. Here's how that turned out:


A little more involved is this double display card:




Here are some double gatefold cards which have a belly band to hold them shut. I had to make 10 of these, so there's a little variety.






And lastly a card a simple card that follows the sketch from the blog hop I took part in not so long ago. The wooden embellishment was stamped with Versamark and embossed with copper embossing powder to match the glints of copper on the papers.



Hopefully that's an end now to Christmas cards for this year. Having been designing and making them since July, I'm always well and truly over them by the time December comes around! I bet a few of you are nodding your heads and agreeing, am I right?

Materials used:

  • stamps - Dashing Deer, Stylish Christmas
  • card - grey granite, tranquil tide, whisper white, vellum, Joyous Noel DSP, copper foil
  • other - Festive Farmhouse elements, copper embossing powder, heat tool, Dimensionals, stitched circle framelits, Big Shot, stitched hills dies, double display card and layers dies (ODBD), extended Big Shot platform (non SU), Detailed Deer thinlits, Seasonal Layers thinlits, tailored tag punch, Stamparatus, Simply Scored, hills stencil (non SU), marker, copper washi tape


Thanks for dropping by.


Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Beautiful cards but my favourite is the double display card. Love the colours.