Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Nautical Journey

Over the past few months since we bought our boat I've been "collecting" stamps and dies with a nautical/ocean theme - partly because I want to make a range of cards and hopefully sell them to fellow boaties and partly because I want to make some items to decorate the boat. The 'artwork' left on board by the previous owners is ... well, let's just say it's not to my taste, lol.

Here's my first attempt. I saw this verse on a canvas in a store and if it hadn't been hideously expensive I would have bought it. As it is, I've printed it on to some watercolour paper then stamped my image and coloured it in. I know it's not framed perfectly proportion-wise, but until (and if) I can find a more suited frame, this is to give you an idea. It will eventually hang either in my cabin or in the saloon (lounge area).






Materials used:

  • stamps - Sailboat (Whimsy Stamps)
  • card - watercolour, basic black, coastal cabana
  • inks - daffodil delight, calypso coral, coastal cabana, Bermuda bay, Pacific point, cajun craze, Sahara sand, whisper white, soft sky
  • other - aqua painter, inks, clear Wink of Stella, markers, white gel pen, Stamparatus

There's a hint of sparkle in the spray on the port side and in the wash trailing behind which look magical when catching the light.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments! And thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

WOW! This turned out brilliantly. Love the water/ocean/sea. Hope you can find a frame for the canvas