This month we're featuring retiring products and I decided to showcase a set that's a bit of an 'unsung hero' - ie the stamps we often use on our backgrounds but aren't the focal point of our cards. Such a one is Timeless Textures. This is a set that will be staying on my shelves despite passing its 'use by date'; it is just too versatile and one I reach for often to add texture and interest to my backgrounds.
For my first card I've paired it with another retiring favourite, Dragonfly Dreams, as well as retiring in colours.
Here you can see how glittery the dragonfly is
- stamps - Timeless Textures, Dragonfly Dreams
- inks - lemon lime twist, grey granite, berry burst, tranquil tide
- card - lemon lime twist, whisper white
- other - sponge daubers, Big Shot, clear Wink of Stella, mini dimensionals, distress tool, Detailed Dragonfly tints dies
Keeping with the retiring in colours, my second card uses some sponging and the faux tile technique to create a gorgeously rich tapestry for my focal point.
For this technique I like to use an ultra thick embossing enamel as it gives a deep, glossy texture that looks stunning in real life. In this second photo you get a hint of its shine and depth.
- stamps - Timeless Textures
- card - thick whisper white, powder pink, fresh fig
- inks - powder pink, berry burst, fresh fig, Versamark
- other - 1 3/8" circle punch, post-it notes, sponges, heat tool, UTEE, white gel pen
That's all from me! Click on the links to take you forward or back and have fun checking out what others on the team have to show you. Thanks for calling in.