Thursday, October 31, 2019

Magnolia Magnificence

Back to the theme of fancy fold cards, I decided to have a go at a Pop Up Front Step card - at least, I think that's what they're called, lol. I saw a few on Pinterest and managed to find some instructions - sadly they were in imperial measurements, so I had to adapt and adjust. Luckily not too steep a learning curve for this one! Once I sorted out measurements, it was very easy to construct and it doesn't take long to cut a few pieces of DSP to compliment this magnificent flower.



Materials used:
  • stamps - Good Morning Magnolia
  • card - basic black, whisper white, petal pink
  • other - magnolia dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Well Written thinlits, strong adhesive, Stampin' Blends

I don't have the mossy meadow Blends but as luck would have it, the medium and dark old olive Blendabilities pens (from when we had sets of three shades) gave me a close approximation. There are two layers to the 'thanks' sentiment, which makes it stand out much better than only one layer does.

It all folds flat, though I did have to cut off one leaf and place the flower so it didn't extend far past the outside of my base in order to ensure this would still fit into a regular C6 envelope.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Very very pretty. Love the Magnolia stamps, dies and dsp. You have certainly done justice to this stamp set. Might have to case this one. TFS