Sunday, May 31, 2020

Well, Speckle Me an Egg

The crafting world has been all a-buzz this past week since Tim Holtz and Ranger released a brand new distress colour called Speckled Egg - the first of twelve new colours we'll see between now and the end of 2021.


Isn't it a gorgeous shade? Sigh! Love it.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on it yesterday in my fav distress oxide ink and almost immediately upon returning home, sat down in my craft room for a good ole' play. Here's what I ended up with:



Materials used:
  • stamps - You've Got This, Very Versailles
  • card - whisper white, basic grey, watercolour
  • distress oxide inks - speckled egg, weathered wood
  • other - Copic markers, Stampin' Blends, texture paste, speckled egg re-inker, spatula, water spritzer, distress collage medium matte (Tim Holtz), Flourish stencil (Tim Holtz), paintbrush, Big Shot, Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower thinlits (Sizzix), blending brush, Dimensionals, craft foam, distressing tool

I began by laying down the background using my two distress oxide colours, then once that was dry I stamped the script from Very Versailles with speckled egg ink. I stencilled the flourishes using texture paste coloured with speckled egg and while that was drying, stamped and coloured my flower. That was fussy-cut and adhered with Dimensionals. The last touch was the die-cut sentiment, which has two layers of card for extra depth. Because there's no matching cardstock I sponged some speckled egg ink around the edges of my whisper white base.

I'm not 100% happy with it - something about the design doesn't quire sit right with me. It feels like it still needs something but I also don't want to overwhelm it, so I just have to accept to live and learn and move on, lol. We're always our own worst critics, aren't we?

Thanks for calling in. Stay safe.

Cheers
Kez 



1 comment:

Rob I said...

What a gorgeous card, speckled egg is such a soft delicate colour. The texture paste looks wonderful, great texture. TFS