Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Dwell in Possibility

Yesterday I had the pleasure of some playtime with my distress range, experimenting with combining regular distress inks and spray stains with oxide inks and sprays. I ended up with a number of backgrounds to use for future projects and today sat down to turn one of them into a card. Here's that result.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Specimen (Tim Holtz)
  • card - basic black, whisper white, watercolour
  • oxide inks - rusty hinge, speckled egg, iced spruce, old paper, crackling campfire, black soot
  • other - black embossing powder, heat tool, quote chip (Tim Holtz), aqua painter, water spritzer, Dimensionals, black marker, scissors

I must admit to being a bit worried as I fussy cut around those narrow antennae! But thankfully I managed to not chop them off, lol. The body is glued flat while the wings are elevated just a little. 

Thanks for dropping in. Stay safe.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

What an amazing card, the butterfly is spectacular, love the bright vibrant colours. The background is subtle to allow the full beauty of the butterfly to pop. Awesome! TFS