Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The Card Concept Challenge - Fresh New Year

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoyed a happy festive season. Are you psyched for a whole new year? While it did have its occasional good points, I, for one, am very glad to see the back of 2021. Two stars out of ten, do not recommend. But at least finally, after months of planning and preparation, I am now happily ensconced in my new abode and thoroughly enjoying being back crafting, so let's get right to it!  

For challenge #166, our theme is Fresh New Year and hopefully you'll find something here to inspire you to create.


Pink champagne anyone? I just love the beautiful colours of black, white, pink and gold so used those on my simple layered card and was also inspired by the striped table covering to use clean bold lines and text. 


Of course I added some sparkle to the bubbly but it's too overcast today for it to show in the photos. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Celebration (Darkroom Door), Christmastime 2 (Tim Holtz)
  • card - basic white, basic black, brushed gold
  • distress oxide inks - black soot, kitsch flamingo
  • other - blending brush, clear Wink of Stella, tiny rhinestones, MISTI, craft foam, Dimensionals, clear embossing powder, heat tool

My fellow team mates have plenty of new year goodness to share, so do pop over to the Card Concept blog and have a look at their creations. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Kerry. Apart from the lovely clean lines it makes me feel like dancing!

Rob I said...

What a lovely card - simplicity withe elegance.Gorgeous. TFS