Friday, April 8, 2022

Challenge Duo

Today's card is for two challenges: my old friends at CAS on Friday are challenging us to use stencils and the good folks at Color Throwdown have another lovely combo to try.

 


Lime green, aqua and gold









Now, you know I'm a sucker for a good colour combo plus how could I resist the chance to use stencils? As an added bonus, it gave me an excuse to play with two of Stampin' Up's new in colours. Here's my clean and simple card:


I firstly stamped in gold ink then used layering stencils to colour the stamped image, brushing lightly for the first layer then putting more concentrated ink on for the second layer. I cut out the image using the matching die, found a sentiment and added a few gold pearls and voila! card done! 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Itty Bitty Greetings (SU)
  • stamp/die/stencils - Songbirds on Branches (PinkFresh Studios)
  • inks - Tahitian tide, parakeet party (SU), Golden Glitz (Delicata), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
  • other - clear embossing powder, heat tool, gold pearls, Stamparatus, Big Shot, blending brushes, Dimensionals, craft foam, stitched rectangle die, black marker

I hope you get the opportunity to be crafty today. Thanks for stopping by. 

Cheers
Kerry

3 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful CAS design! Love how you stenciled the stamped image. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

Beautifully simple!!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

kareN stampZ said...

Just adorable I have my eye on this stamp set too ;)