Thursday, April 28, 2022

It's Not Happening

Was in the mood for a play today and as Tim Holtz's Silhouette Birds dies had recently arrived in my letterbox, they were the tool du jour. Also tried out one of SU's new in-colours, sweet sorbet, pairing it with daffodil delight for a sunrise kind of feel to my smooshed background.


The birds are cut from card which has a kraft core, so I sanded them back a bit for this lovely rustic effect. And as I was in a somewhat frivolous mood, I picked my sentiment stickers from Tim's Snarky pack. I am absolutely sure that every woman out there can relate to this one, especially after the last couple of years. In fact, if not for the plumber checking my gas and hot water connections while this was being made, I probably would have been sans pants and bra! Lol.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Entomology (Tim Holtz)
  • card - watercolour, Distress Kraft-Stock Neutrals, daffodil (Kaisercard)
  • dies - Silhouette Birds (TH), Bundle of Baby Clothes (MFT), stitched rectangle 
  • SU inks - sweet sorbet, daffodil delight
  • other - sanding block, Dimensionals, Big Shot, craft foam, Small Talk Snarky stickers (TH), black soot archival ink, sponge dauber

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Gee, how many days do I have that I say its not happening lol. Love the sentiment, tho surprised it was from TH. Really adore the colours used in the background, the sweet sorbet looks very pretty with daffodil delight. Beautiful background for the bird silhouettes. TFS