Friday, April 22, 2022

JAI #600 - Inspiration Challenge

Welcome to this week's inspiration challenge with Just Add Ink; we have a very evocative image to get your creative juices flowing.


With the cooler Autumn temperatures finally arriving in my little neck of Aus, this pic makes me long to curl up with a chai latte, warm blanket and a good book. When I'm not in the craft room, that is! Here's the card this inspired:


I needed the DSP I was using to not be so vibrant so I painted it with some watered-down gesso, which not only achieved that but also gives it an almost flannel/fabric kind of effect, don't you think?

The leaves and wooden barrel were cut from watercolour card after I'd had a fun old time with oxide inks and sprays. The barrel was then run through Tim Holtz's mini lumber 3D embossing folder - just love these minis and how fabulous does it look? Quite realistic, in my humble opinion. 



Materials used:
  • sentiment stamp & dies - Mini Buzzwords Seasons (Honey Bee Stamps)
  • card - basic white, watercolour, lost lagoon, early espresso, SU retired DSP
  • Tim Holtz products - Potted Bigz die, Funky Foliage dies, (many) distress oxide inks and sprays, ground espresso archival ink, Idea-ology hardware heads, walnut stain distress paint, mini lumber 3D embossing folder
  • other - Big Shot, sponge dauber, Dimensionals, water spritzer, heat tool, paint brushes, white gesso, white embossing powder, blending brush, antique gold gilding wax, early espresso marker, stitched rectangle die

We would love you to join in the fun and create your own project inspired by the pic. My fellow design team members have plenty of goodies to share, so pop over to the Just Add Ink blog and have a look. 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is amazing! I love that bucket of leaves, but the idea to tone down that bright plaid is ingenious! I will have to give that a try!