This week at Just Add Ink we have our 'choose two' option and I was very excited as all the choices are some of my favourite crafty things to do!
In the end I incorporated all three on my mixed media card.
I stamped the image first with oxide ink and clear embossed it so I could do my ink smooshing afterwards. On my background I stencilled using crackle texture paste and the Metropolis stencil, which is a city map - look closely and you'll see the streets, blocks and roundabouts. Although the stamp set has some great sentiments in it, I couldn't resist using this word band and rubbed distress crayon into the etched writing to highlight it more. Lots of distressing and sponging of edges, along with the faux stitched border, give it a great shabby/grunge look.
- stamps - Theories (Tim Holtz)
- card - early espresso, watercolour
- distress oxide inks/sprays - speckled egg, weathered wood, vintage photo
- other Tim Holtz products - word bands, Metropolis stencil, crackle texture paste, picket fence distress crayon
- other - clear embossing powder, heat tool, MISTI, linen thread, craft foam, sponge dauber, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, early espresso marker, ruler
Be sure to check out what my fellow team-mates have made to inspire you and, as always, we'd love you to join the challenge with us.
Thanks for calling in.