Are you in the mood for colour? This week at Just Add Ink we've got a colour challenge for you - check it out:
I've made a mixed media card featuring a Splendid Fairy-wren (aka splendid wren/blue wren) as my focal point - specifically a male wren in his breeding plumage. Apparently, the rest of the year they're a dull brown! I love the pop of colour he gives to the neutral, earthy tones around him.
For my greenery I began with some old olive cardstock then ink smooshed the matching ink over it, layering and drying until I was happy with it for variation and depth of colour. The background is watercolour card, again ink smooshed and stamped with crumb cake, while the bird was cut from basic white and coloured with alcohol markers.
- stamps - Music & Advert (Tim Holtz)
- card - crumb cake, watercolour, basic white, old olive
- dies - Feathered Friends, Holiday Greens, Mini Holiday Greens, Fall Foliage (all Tim Holtz), stitched rectangle
- inks - crumb cake, old olive (SU), antique linen, brushed corduroy, vintage photo (Distress oxides - Tim Holtz)
- other - blending brush, picket fence distress paint, paintbrush, black rhinestone, Dimensionals, Small Talk stickers (Tim Holtz), craft foam, orchid oasis Stampin' Blends, Copic marker B06, black marker