Monday, September 19, 2022

Great Adventure

I really liked the colours for this week's Color Throwdown challenge, so I sat at my craft desk yesterday to see what I could come up with. I was in the mood for mixed media and had a very happy time with inks, stencils, texture paste, stamps and dies.

I picked salvaged patina as my aqua blue, frayed burlap for my kraft and of course antique linen for the cream. Here's the result:


I used just a thin layer of texture paste and love how it gives such a subtle result while still making me want to touch it, lol. 


Materials used:

  • stamps - Create Happiness - Elements (Stamperia), Tiny Text (Tim Holtz)
  • card - crumb cake, very vanilla, watercolour
  • distress sprays/oxides/archival inks - salvaged patina, frayed burlap, antique linen
  • stencil - Create Happiness - Compass (Stamperia)
  • dies - Silhouette Birds (Tim Holtz), branch
  • other - blending brush, sponge daubers, picket fence distress paint, paintbrush, heat tool, water spritzer, matte texture paste, Dimensionals, craft foam, small pearl, distress micro glaze

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous with all the awesome textures! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!