Monday, September 26, 2022

Live in the Moment

Hello and welcome! The card I have for you today is for two challenges:


I chose the middle horizontal row of the grid - splatters, any sentiment, circle - and as luck would have it, items from my favourite-of-the-moment Curators Meadow collection use exactly the right colours of turquoise, yellow, brown and green. Here's my card:

I added touches of the challenge colours on my background too but muted them with gesso to allow the circles to stand out. 

Materials used:

  • stamps - Create Happiness - Elements (Stamperia)
  • card - watercolour, Curators Meadow (49andMarket), crumb cake (SU)
  • distress sprays - antique linen, uncharted mariner, vintage photo
  • distress archival inks - vintage photo, ground espresso
  • circle punches - 38mm, 32mm, 1", 3/4", 1/2"
  • other - water spritzer, white gesso, paintbrushes, white calligraphy ink, Dimensionals, Curators Meadow rub-ons (49aM), craft foam, sponge dauber, Small Talk stickers (Tim Holtz)

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

Edited to add: My card was picked as the Designer's Choice for the Tic Tac Toe challenge. Thanks so much to the design team for this honour! 




14 comments:

_chevron2 said...

The colors are beautiful muted too!-- a great take on the #CTD711 challenge!! Congrats!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow...this is so gorgeous! Love your mix of different mediums! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Vicky Hayes said...

I am in love with this beauty Kerry! The background is just beautiful and really shows off those stunning circle images. Thank you for playing with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

Kinda Krafty said...

Love this card...

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Card!! Will have to case it if you don't mind.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

An amazing card so much to look at.

Clare Walker said...

I found your "live in the moment" on Pinterest, and just wanted to let you know how much I love it.

Anonymous said...

totally different than what I've seen so far, love the daisies!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful design!

Spyder said...

Loving this...popping in from seeing this come up on my Pinterest feed...(Lyn)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wow I just saw this card you created for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge in 2022, and it is so inspiring. It immediately set my mind wheels turning, as to what I could do with these three design elements. Think I'm going to make some snowy christmas cards. Thanks for inspiring!

Spyder said...

Oho...it just come up again....really like this card

Janette said...

Gorgeous card, fab design, wouldn't mind casing, I hope thats ok with you. xx

Anonymous said...

Love this card.. very creative... this is a great inspiration for scrapbook page layout