Friday, February 24, 2023

Good Ideas

The Color Throwdown folks have another great combo I couldn't resist playing along with.


I kept with the coffee theme from the inspiration pic for my card.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Coffee Run (Echo Park)
  • card - basic white, night of navy, coastal cabana, watercolour
  • other - Altenew inks, blending brushes, craft foam, Dimensionals, coffee bean stencil (Paper Rose), mini splatters stencil (Tim Holtz), Big Shot, Papercut Cafe colorize dies (Tim Holtz), Love You More Than dies (SU), lost shadow and vintage photo distress oxide inks (Tim Holtz), MISTI, night of navy ink (SU)

I gave my background piece a very light sponge with lost shadow oxide ink then stencilled coffee beans and splatters with the same colour. When I stamped, I masked the word 'coffee' from the stamp so I could use the die instead (3 layers for depth and dimension). The cups have a split in them which is perfect for stacking and are coloured with Altenew inks as I love their sets with a light, medium, dark and darker. So much fun to put together!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry


2 comments:

Bobby said...

Great card, Kerry, and wonderful use of the colors. I love those stacked cups.

AmyR said...

ahhhh love it! So cute!