Thursday, June 29, 2023

Love is Love

I was in the mood to create but it was late at night so I couldn't cope with anything too intricate. As luck would have it, I came across two clean and simple challenges I think go perfectly together - CAS on Friday's theme is LOVE and Addicted to CAS has RAINBOW COLOURS - and once an idea popped into my head there would be no rest until I tried it out. Here's my card:


Materials used:

  • card - basic black, basic white
  • distress oxide inks - candied apple, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, prize ribbon, wilted violet
  • other - Gentlemen thinlits (Tim Holtz), Big Shot, blending brushes, hills and drifts stencil (MFT)

I applied my colours on white card using a hills and drifts stencil and I like to think it symbolises love flowing all around us and through us. I then cut my gentleman die twice - one on the front side of the card, the second on the reverse to give me the mirror image. 

I feel it doesn't need a sentiment, so this is indeed a very clean and simple card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

4 comments:

Rob I said...

What a clever idea to use a stencil for the very effective flowing look. Great control of inking as you kept the bands of colour quite narrow. A card that speaks volumes.

Marina said...

What a great rainbow effect and a fabulous design.

Pauline C said...

Wow love this .. very clever and striking xx

Wiebke KomMa-Designed said...

Kerry, your card is so beautiful!
Love the rainbow inside the men!

I love rainbows - their colours and the symolsism behind.
My first thaught was, we are all a bit different inside, but everyone can find luck, hope and more there! And together, we can intensivy each other (or show a double-rainbow, wich is pure luck to find/see)!

Thanks for sharing this special card with us!
Greetings, Wiebke