Friday, July 7, 2023

Christmas in July

The colours for this week's Color Throwdown challenge intrigued me and now that we're into July, Christmas came to mind for a card.



I stamped my background with Versamark then sprinkled with embossing glaze - love their translucency, plus it gives a little shine. My arch piece was cut from teal card and I added teal ink to give it a darker shade, added the ground then splattered with white paint for the snow. My house was cut from various card and also splattered with 'snow'. Then it was a matter of adding some foliage, a sentiment sticker and pearls for berries.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Christmas background (My Favorite Things)
  • card - basic white, pool party, bubble bath, smoky slate (all Stampin' Up)
  • dies - Essential Arches (Spellbinders), Holiday Greens mini (Tim Holtz), Home for the Holidays (Concord & 9th)
  • other - Big Shot, MISTI, lost shadow embossing glaze, heat tool, pink pearls, Holiday Talk metallic stickers (Tim Holtz), picket fence distress paint, fan paintbrush, craft foam, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

2 comments:

Broni said...

Absolutely beautiful Christmas card in these colors!! Love it!! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown with us!!

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning Christmas card! I really love these colors, which are simply tints of the original, more common red and green colors. Your use of elements and shapes is the crowning touch! Cheers!