Friday, August 4, 2023

JAI #664 - Colour Combo

Hidden deep in my Pinterest boards is a beautiful card by Daria Ermolaeva that gave me inspiration for this week's Just Add Ink colour combo.


Such soft, pretty colours - you can see why I couldn't resist playing along.


I did a little ink smooshing on my watercolour card using pool party, then some partial script stamping in the same colour. My leaves were stamped with lost lagoon and clear embossed before being coloured with both teals, then die cut and given some script stamping too. The butterfly was stamped in grey and coloured with lagoon and freesia inks but wasn't quite vibrant enough, so I applied some micro glaze to seal the inks, then went over the freesia with the matching alcohol marker. My finishing touches were some light stamping in a woodgrain pattern for my card base and white paint splatters. I didn't add a sentiment as I like to have cards on hand that are suitable for multiple occasions - this one ended up being a get well card.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Butterfly Brilliance, Hardwood (SU), Leaf Canopy (Altenew), Create Happiness - Elements (Stamperia)
  • card - pool party, watercolour
  • other - water spritzer, MISTI, waterbrush, picket fence distress paint, paintbrush, Leaf Canopy die, Big Shot, Dimensionals, craft foam, sponge dauber, light fresh freesia Blends marker

Do head over to the JAI blog to see more of this gorgeous colour combo, and thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great use of those colors and gorgeous CAS card.