Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Snowfall

I wanted to make a card pairing my two favourites of the 2023-2025 in colours from Stampin' Up, boho blue and copper clay, and ended up with this card. I think the deer is on there because the die was still sitting on my craft desk from my last card, lol ... it's been put away now, I promise.


On my background piece I stencilled some star flourishes using light applications of boho blue ink over matching card. For the small feature piece I sponged boho ink over it in a sort of ombre effect from top to bottom - it's probably gotten a bit lost, but you might just notice it darker at the top. I cut two deer from copper clay, glued them together and sponged edges with matching ink. The trees were cut from watercolour card with copper clay ink for the trunks and mowed lawn oxide greenery. There's a few stars stencilled at the top of this piece too, if you look hard enough lol. Both bits were splattered very liberally with white paint plus some opaque grit paste dabbed on the ground and trees, then they were each mounted with craft foam to the next layer. I had a sentiment prepared but couldn't find a place to put it that didn't detract from the focal image so in the end just left it without - stamping on the inside would take care of that.

I love this colour combo, I think the boho blue gives it such a soft serenity. 

Materials used:
  • SU products - boho blue and copper clay card and inks
  • Tim Holtz products - Darling Deer thinlits, Hocus Pocus stencil, opaque grit paste, mowed lawn oxide ink, picket fence distress paint
  • other - tree dies, Big Shot, craft foam, Dimensionals, paintbrush, blending brushes, watercolour card

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: