Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Humble Pumpkin

The other night I was enjoying a bowl of homemade pumpkin soup with some toasted sourdough (om nom nom) and reflecting on the humble pumpkin, which I've always loved. I can remember as a child, whenever mum made a roast dinner, I would swap with my older brother - I'd give him my kumara (sweet potato) and he'd give me his pumpkin. Recently elder daughter came to visit bringing some pumpkin goodies I had never tried - a pumpkin scone and a couple of pumpkin muffins. (They'd had lots of pumpkin in their veggie box that week, so she was making pumpkin everything, lol) The scone didn't do anything for me but the muffins were fabulous, moist and flavorful - of course I got the recipe!

So for today's card I've featured pumpkins. I was having another play with my Country Road collection dies (see this earlier card), again adding some other dies I already had in my stash. 


Materials used:

  • stamps - Welcome Sign & Sentiments (Spellbinders) 
  • card - basic white, early espresso (SU), Biscuit (Kaisercraft), watercolour
  • dies - Welcome Sign & Sentiments, Country Wheelbarrow (Spellbinders), Autumn Elements (Karen Burniston)
  • distress oxide inks - peacock feathers, rusty hinge, vintage photo, antique linen, black soot, hickory smoke, carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon, crackling campfire, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness
  • other - blending brushes, Big Shot, Dimensionals, craft foam, water spritzer, early espresso marker, ground espresso and vintage photo archival inks, MISTI

And now, having thought about pumpkins so much, I'm craving those muffins! In case you're interested, here's a link to the recipe. By the way, did you know pumpkin is a fruit? Go figure!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: