Monday, September 25, 2023

I'd Pick You

This week's palette over at the Color Throwdown caught my eye, but it's taken me a few days to sit down and put ink to card.

I seem to have pumpkins on my mind - perhaps because of all the fall/Halloween creations popping up everywhere I look, lol. 


I cut the pumpkins and wheat from watercolour card and coloured them using a variety of dye inks, then sponged some light aqua on my background and gave it a little water splatter. The fruits were arranged on some navy gingham and the sentiment also stamped in navy. I also die cut some leaves/vines and coloured them with a dark aqua. In fact, it's so dark it's almost green, so I'm not sure if it will be allowed for the challenge but I'll enter anyway. A very simple card but I love it and this colour combo is one I'll try to remember for another time.

Materials used:
  •  stamps - Pretty Pumpkins (Stampin' Up)
  • card - basic white (SU), navy gingham (Etsy), watercolour
  • inks - night of navy, pumpkin pie, wild wheat (SU), fossilized amber, ripe persimmon, crackling campfire (Tim Holtz Distress), mountain mist, volcano lake, lagoon (Altenew)
  • dies - garden builder, seasonal decor (Spellbinders Country Road collection), stitched rectangle (Paper Rose), pumpkin leaves (stash)
  • other - Big Shot, blending brushes, Dimensionals, craft foam, MISTI, water spritzer, brown Copic markers, sponge daubers, white gel pen

Hope you're having a crafty day. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry


 

No comments: