Thursday, October 5, 2023

Congrats Songbirds

Over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge their theme this week is Stencil Fun, plus they're showcasing PinkFresh Studios. As luck would have it, I have some PinkFresh stencils I haven't used in a while, although it's not mandatory to use their products. 

I pulled out the beautiful Songbirds on Branches collection - stamp, stencils and die - and was in the mood for some autumn colours. Yes, I know it's actually spring here, but seriously, with the weather we're having this week it might as well be autumn again! 

I stamped in copper ink and clear embossed before using oxide inks with my stencils. Once dry and die-cut, it was a matter of moving the bits around until I was happy with the arrangement. I did some dry embossing on the background for a bit of added interest and die-cut a sentiment in copper foil and vellum. 

Materials used:
  • stamp/stencil/die - Songbirds on Branches (PinkFresh Studios)
  • card - copper clay, very vanilla, copper foil, vellum (Stampin' Up), watercolour
  • distress oxide inks - fired brick, spiced marmalade, aged mahogany, dried marigold, fossilized amber, rusty hinge
  • other - Scripty embossing folder (SU), Big Shot, MISTI, blending brushes, Dimensionals, foam strips, double stitched rectangle die, Congrats shadow die

Layering stencils are so fun to work with and take a lot of effort out of colouring images, lol. What's not to like? 

This is my second post today so scroll down for another challenge card and thanks for dropping in. 

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: