Wednesday, October 11, 2023

The Card Concept Challenge #200

It's time for another inspiration challenge with The Card Concept. This month's mood board, titled Autumn Chill, has some gorgeous rich colours and evocative images to get those creative juices flowing.

The challenge is to create a card inspired by any aspect of this photo, whether it's the theme, the colours, one or more of the items in the picture -  just any idea that comes to mind. Plus of course we'd love it if you shared your card in our gallery. If you post on social media, please tag @thecardconceptchallenges2 and use the hashtag #tcc200. 

My card is a simple shabby style in warm colours inspired by pretty much all of the elements in the mood board.

I couldn't go past this image, to me it embodies the spirit of the challenge board so perfectly. I chose copper coloured card to match the hair and die-cut some autumn leaves from ink smooshed card I always keep on hand. They were bent to give them movement and glued in place, while the cable-knit paper and backing card were distressed and offset slightly. 

This is so me, I'm not sure I can bear to give it away so it might end up being added to my art journal for my own personal enjoyment.

Materials used:
  • card - copper clay, basic black, basic white (Stampin' Up), boho knit pattern paper (Etsy), watercolour
  • dies - Fall Foliage (Tim Holtz)
  • other - distressing tool, Sidekick, sponge dauber, copper clay ink, craft foam, digital image (Image Credit: R.W.K. Clark), various distress oxide inks

Do check out all the other inspiration we have for you over on The Card Concept blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry



1 comment:

Laurie said...

LOVE this one!!! Fall's my fave time of year and this card says it all. Well done!