Welcome to another Just Add Ink challenge and this week we've a sketch for you:
Keep in mind the shapes you use don't have to be squares, nor do they have to be the same shape as each other - as long as you have two images, one larger than the other and set behind, you're golden! You can also rotate or flip the sketch if you wish.
With Halloween over, I'm now firmly in Christmas crafting mode, lol, so my offering is a Christmas card and I kept the sketch as is.
I began with ink smooshing pieces of card in blue and greens. Once I'd decided which bird die to use I could choose a size for the arched piece behind, then had to make sure the sentiment stamp I wanted would fit with those parameters. Luckily it did, so I set about die cutting bird, arch and greenery, followed by stamping the greeting and colouring the bird. The finishing touch was splatters of white gesso which has become one of my favourite mixed media techniques and really brought this card to life.
- stamps - Christmas Classics (Stampin' Up)
- card - basic white (SU), kraft, watercolour
- dies - Layered Warbler (Simon Says Stamp), Holiday Greens mini (Tim Holtz), Essential Arches (Spellbinders), stitched rectangle (Poppystamps)
- distress oxide inks/sprays - speckled egg, vintage photo, gathered twigs, antique linen, barn door, candied apple, rustic wilderness, evergreen bough
- other - blending brushes, Big Shot, MISTI, water spritzer, heat tool, fan brush, white gesso, Dimensionals, craft foam
I hope you'll check out more samples from my team mates over on the Just Add Ink blog and with any luck, be inspired to create and share.
Thanks for dropping by.