It's time for another inspiration challenge with The Card Concept. Here's this month's board, Fall Leaves:
The challenge is to create a card inspired by any aspect of this photo, whether it's the theme, the colours, one or more of the items in the picture - just any idea that comes to mind. Plus of course we'd love it if you shared your card in our gallery.
I took the leaves as inspiration but replaced the autumn/fall colours with Christmas greenery.
The holly branches were cut from white card and coloured with distress inks, then I added some glossy accents and rock candy glitter to the berries. The "bells" are actually a coffee cup layer die upside down and for the clappers I glued two small circles together then shaped them for dimension. The 3D embossing folder gives me pine leaves/branches in my background.
- stamps - Christmas Classics (Stampin' Up)
- card - basic black, basic white gold glitter
- dies - Festive Gatherings, Papercut Cafe (Tim Holtz), stitched frame (stash)
- distress inks - twisted citron, mowed lawn, candied apple, picket fence
- other - craft foam, Big Shot, Dimensionals, blending brushes, 1/4" circle punch, Glossy Accents, clear rock candy glitter, gold cord, gold embossing powder, heat tool. Pine Branches 3D embossing folder (Tim Holtz), shaping mat and tool
Do head on over to the challenge blog to check out more samples to inspire you and thanks for calling in.