Friday, February 16, 2024

Best Friends

I was chatting with my bestie earlier today, telling her I had tidying to do in my craft room. Her response was to tell me to remind myself, 'it's tidy time, not play time'. A couple of hours later ... a die I was "tidying" caught my eye and gave me an idea for a card for the Color Throwdown challenge this week. 


I might have sat down to play...


You can see why I was distracted, can't you? Red challenge, red cardinals - well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! She will still give me grief for it though, lol. 

I cut two layers for the branch and darkened it a little with ink so it would stand out from the background. I also cut two of each bird so I could cut the wing separate and give it dimension. The birds were edged with ink and I used markers to colour the faces and beaks with a dot of white gel pen for the eyes. 

Materials used:
  • card - distress kraft heavystock (Ranger), real red, basic white (Stampin' Up)
  • dies - Cardinals and Birdhouse (Cottage Cutz)
  • other - picket fence distress ink, Dimensionals, craft foam, white gel pen, alcohol markers, blending tool, Wordies sentiment sheets - Friendship (Creative Expressions)

Thanks for dropping by!

Cheers
Kerry

4 comments:

kdmorgan said...

So pretty!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Kerry, your cardinals are so beautiful and I love your take on the throwdown colors this week! Thanks for playing along in the challenge...and cleaning can happen on another day - haha!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card!

Broni said...

I LOVE this card, Kerry! Simple with a real WOW pop of color!! (And I love cardinals!) Thanks for sharing it with us at the Color Throwdown!