Friday, April 26, 2024

Just Add Ink #699 - Colour Combo

You all know I love to play with colour, so even though it's not my week to create for Just Add Ink's new challenge, I couldn't resist.

Coastal cabana always makes me think 'water', especially paired with another blue. Toss in some berry and my mind immediately says 'tropical' - what can I say, it's just how I'm wired, lol. So I now had the perfect opportunity to play with some new dies to make a card for someone going on holiday.

I began with ink blending, masking off an area to do the water with coastal cabana 'undercoat', then starry sky. That was then covered while I did the sky with a light blending of berry burst and starry sky, using a small circle mask for the moon. There are two layers to the trees as well as the porthole window and I embossed the blue background for added interest. My die-cut sentiment is also two layers and features more ink blending to give an ombre effect.

Materials used:
  • dies - Coastal Escape View (Spellbinders), Playful Alphabet (Stampin' Up)
  • card - basic white, basic black, starry sky, gold foil
  • inks - coastal cabana, starry sky, berry burst
  • other - 3/4" circle punch, masking paper, blending brushes, Simple Stripes embossing folder (SU), Big Shot, gold brads, Dimensionals, craft foam, white gel pen

Relaxing in the tropics looking at a beautiful sunset sounds awfully good to me! Where do I sign up? 😁 What do these colours make you think of? We'd love you to share your creations with us over on the Just Add Ink blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: