Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Practically Perfect

This week's Inspired by...challenge caught my eye. 

Umbrellas immediately made me think of Mary Poppins. Anyone else or is it just me? 😉 No? Ok then, lol. Showing my age I guess. Well anyway, once I had the thought, of course it wouldn't leave me alone, so eventually I sat at my craft desk and made a card.

The sentiment was done on the computer (if you know of a stamp set that says this, please let me know!) and I tried to match the font styles from the movie as well as I could, lol. I cut a number of Mary Poppins' in different colour card and cut and layered them, setting them on a simple inky background. The little red bow tie is one of the kite ribbons in the die set and I used markers to colour her hair and flower. And of course I couldn't leave out the iconic parrot head on the umbrella, so I printed a teeny one of those too. 

Materials used:
  • card - white, black, blush, blue, red
  • dies - The Park (Tim Holtz), stitched rectangle (Paper Rose)
  • other - blending brush, Dimensionals, craft foam, Big Shot, markers, blue ink

Hope your day is practically perfect! Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Love this! Mary Poppins! 😃 Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel