Friday, May 10, 2024

Lucky Enough - Just Add Ink #701

It's not my scheduled week to create for Just Add Ink but the inspiration picture spoke to me and I simply couldn't resist!


The vibrant colours peaked my interest, something about them just said life and joy to me, so I tried to think of something - or someone - to reflect this feeling. In the end I couldn't go past the incomparable Gladys, who just oozes vibrancy and love for life from every pore! Especially when she's going glam...


I used yellow and orange oxide sprays for my background then stencilled and stamped a few circles to echo those in the inspiration photo. The pieces for Gladys were coloured with more sprays, both ink and oxide, and for the top layer, a touch of shimmery mica. She's glammed up with false eyelashes and bright feathers. The quote chip is perfect for this young lady, don't you think?

Materials used:
  • stamps - Timeless Textures (Stampin' Up)
  • card - watercolour, black, beige, white
  • dies - Gladys Colorize (Tim Holtz), stitched rectangles (Paper Rose)
  • distress inks/oxides/sprays - mustard seed, saltwater taffy, ripe persimmon, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, cocktail party mica stain
  • other - Big Shot, Dimensionals, craft foam, Quote Chip - Labels (Tim Holtz), mini dots stencil THMS59 (Tim Holtz), feather trim, blending brush, Splat box, false eyelashes, Copic markers Y17 and YR04

What does our photo make you think of? Check out what the team came up with and if you're inspired to create, be sure to share it on our Linky.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: