Thursday, August 22, 2024

Shabby Vintage for Two Challenges

Two challenges made me swoon this week:

 

I simply adore the colour combo the Color Throwdown people are offering and you know already that I love to dabble in a bit of shabby/vintage every now and then, so it's really a no-brainer that I'd want to play along. In a further stroke of kismet, I knew I had some shabby/vintage-vibe papers and embellishments in exactly the challenge colours - it was absolutely meant to be, lol. Here's my card:


Once I'd decided on which pieces to use and their layout, I sponged all edges and distressed a little. I stamped images and text on the tags then added some light background script stamping on the clock and flowers as well as randomly on the background paper. All the pieces are layered and I sewed around the border - plus, of course you knew there'd be ink splatters. As I'd used materials from a collection called Grandma's Attic, I thought 'Hugs' was a most appropriate sentiment because that's what grandma's give - this nana certainly does! 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Postmarked (Honey Bee Stamps)
  • papers and ephemera - Grandma's Attic collection (Mintay)
  • distress oxide inks - antique linen, vintage photo, brushed corduroy
  • other - Dimensionals, craft foam, sponge daubers, white bakers twine, sewing machine and thread, hugs and shadow dies, Sidekick, soft sky card (long retired SU), vellum, white ink (Kuresake), fan brush

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

5 comments:

Heather said...

WOW, Kerry, this is stunning! So many beautiful elements, and I agree, that color combo is SO pretty! LOVE what you've made for us! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

Wow!! Kerry! This is spectacular! I'm in awe! I'm sure my heart did a little flip when I saw your entry! The flowers, the butterflies, the layers, the splatters, the sponging, the script, the distressing! Thanks for nailing our theme at As You See It Challenges!

Lori said...

This is just gorgeous--every single element! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jan Clothier said...

This is superb! Like Heather, I was aswoon at the sight of this! So beautifully executed, so balanced in design - and the colours were a perfect choice. Thank you for playing along with us at As You See It. :-)

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS!!!! This is one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen! Saw it as a top winner from Color Throwdown and had to come tell you how much I love it!!!!