Over at Tic Tac Toe Challenges we've a new board to whet your creative whistle, this one suggested by yours truly.
As much as I'm very appreciative of the arrival of spring here, I also really love enjoying a "second autumn", as it were, through challenges based in the northern hemisphere. I'll never pass up the opportunity to play with all the delicious things associated with my favourite season! With that in mind, I had a ton of fun creating my card and used the left diagonal line of autumn/fall colours, leaves and metallics.
For my background I sponged around the edges of the card before embossing. I layered on some distressed hessian and lace that had been coloured with oxide sprays. My leaves were die cut before colouring with distress inks and I gave them a coat of distress glaze to enhance and preserve the colours. My frame was cut from woodgrain card and coloured with spray stains and oxides. Metallic aspects are small gold dots and some gold ink splatter.
Materials used:
- stamps - Caring Thoughts (Simon Says Stamp)
- dies - leaves (stash), Decor Frames (Tim Holtz), sentiment strips (Paper Rose)
- other - hessian ribbon, lace, linen thread, calypso coral ribbon, gold dots, woodgrain card, Pinewood Planks embossing folder (Stampin' Up), various distress and oxide inks and sprays, MISTI, distress glaze, Big Shot
Entering in the Four Seasons challenge - anything goes Fall.
Check out the gorgeous samples from my team mates over on the Tic Tac Toe blog and thanks for dropping by.
Cheers
Kerry



No comments:
Post a Comment