Friday, May 1, 2009

Learning to Tango

How do you like this year's In Colours? Last year's took me quite a while to warm up to, especially Wild Wasabi and River Rock, but I eventually grew to love them all! With this year's batch, I fell in love instantly with four of the six - Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss. Pacific Point I think is my least favourite and I've hardly used it at all, and as for Tangerine Tango ... well, I think I'm warming up to it a little. I loved how it looked on this card, so yesterday I made the effort to use it a bit more and see what I could do with it to diminish the "in your face bright orange" kind of effect. So here's a couple of cards "doing the tango" as it were!

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

This one was inspired by a pretty birthday card I received from my team-mate, the lovely Liam. I stamped off the background stamp first but it was still a bit bright, so I toned it down by running my antique linen Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad over it and I did the same over the flower image piece. Lots of sponging around all edges helps give it even more of an aged look. DD17 chose the sentiment (from Bloomin with Beauty) and she LOVES this card - I'm still on the fence, strangely. It seems a little unfinished to me, but then again, DD17 just does NOT understand OCCD (that's Obsessive Compulsive Crafting Disorder!!!!). Maybe it needs ... no! I must stop obsessing!

OK, on to my second tango - inking up new rubber for the first time. Dreams du Jour stamp set and the Bella's Bloom wheel, teamed with paper from Bella Bleu DSP. GOJUS if I do say so myself! Another hit with DD17, amazingly! I'm on a roll!!!

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

The chipboard accent is by paperinklings and the adhesive pearls from Kaiser.

Have a great weekend everyone and why not try a little bit of tango!

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Liam said...

Love it Kerry. Both these cards are gorgeous. I don't think it looks too bright I think it makes it look beautiful. Just perfect. Love both the cards you did. Glad to hear you received the card I was starting to think it might have got lost in the mail.

Liam

Emily said...

These are both great cards Kez! You don't need anything else on the first one because it's perfect the way it is! I do love Ridinghood Red and I loved Tango Tangerine from the very beginning, but I had to warm to all the others. I'm still not that fond of Pacific Point although I've seen it used with a number of other colors and have liked it. I love what I see here on your blog so hope you don't mind if I sign on as a follower so I can see what you are doing everyday:)))