Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Truth Universally Acknowledged

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a stamper in possession of new rubber must be in search of ... peace and quiet! (I hope Jane Austen won't turn in her grave at me changing those famous words, but they just popped into my head and wouldn't go away! )

And so it was with me today ... first there was netball, and today for some strange reason known only to the powers that be, DD10's team had to play two rounds - round three and round fifteen! (I'm sure that makes sense to somebody! ) So it was an early start for us this morning and absolutely no time for stamping! DD17 also had a game to play and one to umpire afterwards, then when we got home we had to arrange a gift for a birthday party DD10 is attending tomorrow. As luck would have it, the birthday girl likes craft, so a parcel of goodies from my stash was decided to be a good present choice! Hmmmm.... that meant the craft desk - in a shambles after a busy week - had to be made presentable before use! Once the desk was sorted and goodies chosen, DD10 then took charge of the desk and supplies to make a birthday card. So here I am, sitting at my computer and waiting for MY turn to make something! C'mon! new rubber is a-waitin'!!!!

Meanwhile, now that I've got Austen in my brain, I will make free to be sidetracked ... how do you fancy Austen? We are huge fans here, both books and movies, and I think Pride and Prejudice would be one of our most watched movies. We have the BBC series version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, as well as the more recent movie version with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen. And I have to say, both men are G-O-J-U-S !!!!! If you have only ever seen the recent one at the movies and not on DVD, you HAVE to see the DVD version with the alternate US ending. It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo romantic! and MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the ending in the released version here. I won't spoil it for you, but if you are an Austen or P&P fan, you have GOT to see it. Please promise me you will!

Ah! DD10 has finished her card and the desk is now mine, all mine! mwah-ha-ha! OK rubber, I'm a-comin'!

1 comment:

Fiona Harrison said...

I am a huge Austen fan, love the BBC P&P. Didn't know about the movie alternate ending, must check it out.