The first Saturday in October (yup, that's tomorrow) is World Card Making Day.
That's right! An official day! Has it's own website and everything! Maybe I'm not so obsessive compulsive after all ... well, OK, you're right, I am! ;) So anyway, the reasoning behind WDMD is:
World Card Making Day is a holiday especially for card makers around the world to:
- Celebrate the creativity of handmade cards and the personal connection that they create between friends and family
- Kick off (and get a head start on) the holiday card-making season
Of course, if you've been attending my Christmas SAS classes - or anyone else's, I guess (I'll forgive you if you are out of state! LOL!) - then you will have already made your kick off on holiday cards. But the celebration of creativity and personal connection that card making brings is something I am 100% in favour of! So hooray for WCMD!!!
Now, I didn't have anything special planned but have just had a fun idea. How does this sound:
- leave a comment on my blog on World Card Making Day (guess that means I'll have to make a card tonight - what a hardship!)
- send me an email with your address
- I will send you a home-made, one-of-a-kind, individually designed greeting card!
- if you feel comfortable with it, send me a card back that you have made
I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet here and claim that my cards are the be-all and end-all, I'm just trying to encourage the whole card making idea! So, any takers? I'll post a card early in the morning and see what happens.
See you then!