Monday, December 28, 2009

Marching Onward

Christmas is over and life goes on and with two birthdays coming up later in the week that means cards need making! My SIL and one of my BFFs both celebrate their birthdays on Dec 31st and with the rain we are having (thank goodness!), I have perfect excuses to sit and "play" at my craft table, LOL!!!

Here's the card for my SIL. I was compelled to drag out Chef Henri, who you may remember from previous posts here, here and here. This time I watercoloured him and I think he looks rather spiffy! The colours and the simple design are perfect for my SIL, so I know she will like it.

Created by Kez. Stamped images copyright Stampin' Up!

The sentiment on the tray is from one of the Sale-a-Bration sets called Whimsical Words, available from Jan 25th, and I love how it pokes gentle fun at getting older. Not that I ever do such a thing of course .... ! :)

Materials used:
  • stamps - Voila, Whimsical Words
  • card, inks and markers - Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Blush Blossom, black StazOn
  • other - dimensionals, adhesive pearls (Kaiser), photo corner punch

My BFF loves bright colours, so I immediately thought of the Kaleidoscope papers from the Summer mini for her. Only have scraps left, though, so the patchwork style background was the way to go. Now, you all know that I am definitely NOT a bold brights person, but these papers are growing on me, I have to admit! I stamped the daisies in Versamark and embossed in white first, then overstamped in tangerine tango slightly over to one side to get that shadowy effect. The family agree she will love it, so here is card number two:

Created by Kez. Stamped images copyright Stampin' Up!

Materials used (all SU):

  • stamps - Upsy Daisy, Dreams du Jour
  • card & paper - tempting turquoise, tangerine tango, whisper white, Kaleidoscope DSP
  • inks - tempting turquoise, tangerine tango, Versamark
  • punches - large oval, scallop oval
  • other - white embossing powder, dimensionals

Hope you're not sick of easel cards yet! Thanks for stopping by; I hope you're having plenty of rain too!

Cheers

Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

These are so fun and spunky Kez. Also...I have NEVER known you to poke fun or make light of anything (cough,splutter, cough!!). Cant wait til SAB!! Lurve the patchwork style and you are definitely creating an easel storm...aren't cha?? Great to see the rain. Kids are over it tho...ooxx