Thursday, December 17, 2009

Play Time

With classes over and Christmas cards all mailed, I got the chance to play yesterday just for fun! This card gave me a bit of angst to begin with. I had coloured the Tilda a few days ago but hadn't gotten around to making a card around it, and I went through a few different options before I finally settled on the first thing I'd thought of! Does that happen to you? Please say yes!!! Anyway, I decided to make an easel card that isn't square, so here tis:


The gorgeous mini medallion frame and sentiment are a sneak peek from the Sale-a-bration catalogue which is available from Jan 25th. It reminds me of the beautiful medallion background stamp the US has, which I really HOPE we get in our next big mini (from my lips to Shelli's ears!). I coloured the paper roses to match using markers and my aqua painter; note to self: stick them on first, cos wet soggy roses are hard to attach and squish easily!!! (Either that or have the patience to wait until they are dry, LOL!)

Do you need a close up? OK!


SU Materials used:
  • stamps - Vintage Labels
  • card - whisper white, rich razzleberry, melon mambo, watercolour paper
  • inks & markers - rich razzleberry, melon mambo, crushed curry, blush blossom, close to cocoa, pretty in pink
  • other - dimensionals, white gel pen

Non SU materials used:

  • Magnolia stamp, papers from stash, paper flowers from stash, Martha Stewart punch, adhesive pearls by Kaiser

Have a great day everyone, hope you get the chance to play too!

Cheers

Kez

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful Kez,love this colour combo and your pretty flowers and a perfect easel card.......love it!!!
xx

Bec said...

Oh Kerry, This is so elegant.. I love it.. Thank you also for your support over the past year.. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.. Bec xx

Lynda said...

Purple huh....go figure!! Oh yeah...BTW...Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES...of course it happens to us all the time!! I am loving the flowers...BIG TIME!! You are becoming such an easel card officinardo. I also share your love of the pretty medallion stamp. V nice. Stunning effort darl, oox