Thursday, May 20, 2010

Welcome Abigail

Yesterday I had a lot of fun with punches and baby cards. One of the girls coming to our fun stamp day on Saturday has just had a baby girl, so I wanted to make a card to welcome little Abigail. I've been dying to try a gorgeous rocking horse made from punches that I saw over on Regina's blog at The Stamping Bean. Most of the punches I have, but we don't have the modern label punch here in Aus, so I've used the scallop oval and cut it down.



The colours I've used are lavendar lace, barely banana and certainly celery. I've used the nursery letters wheel on the background, my alphabet dies from the new mini for the capital A and tiny tags set with jewelry tag punch, also both from the mini. (Isn't the mini fantabulouso?!) The purple organza ribbon is from my stash and my huge bundle of embroidery cottons came in very handy for tail, mane and bridle!

I also wanted to have a go at a baby carriage card that I've seen on a few blogs. They are made using the scallop circle die (another thing from the mini!) and are sooooooooooo cute! There are a few different versions but I followed Sandi McIver's tutorial for mine.


Cute as!

Well, I gotta go and mark some assessments for my class so I'll catch you later! Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Was not thinking of the scallop die...but once again....THANKS KEZ!!!!!! I love your version and once again my cogs are kicking into overdrive!! AAARRRRGGGGHHH!! The rocking horse rocks...(dah) and a beautiful notion for a bubba card. ooxx