Sunday, October 17, 2010

What A Day!

OMGosh, what a day! Today was our Cards for our Aussie Troops event and between the work the amazing bunch of ladies did today, plus a few other kind donations of cards, we have 350 Christmas cards to send! How fantastic is that? I am so grateful to those who gave so willingly of their time and efforts to make cards, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your generosity.

I also must thank a few special people who helped me with preparation and organisation - my dear SIL who is always there for me; my darling DD12 who is a treasure beyond words; and my mate Rob who doesn't wait to be asked for help, she just does it. Thanks guys, you are wonderful. And thanks also to another Rob, principal of our old primary school who let us use the hall and facilities without hesitation.

Here are a few photos of the day:

Debbie and Kay

Anne and Tracie












 Jean and Liam

 Ruth and Jane

Lynda, Kathryn, Tracey and Kay all hard at work, Jean in foreground.

Filomena, Jenny, Maureen, Tracie and Anne.
Mollie

It was loads of fun and I am totally pooped, so it will be early to bed for me tonight once I come down from this high!

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Tracey said...

hi kez, i am crying, and i am in total awe of you at the same time. I cannot thank you and your lovely friends and customers, what started out in June as a big call to raise 1,000 cards this year for our diggers, has now become a reality, becuase of the generous australian cards makers like you. And the quality of cards are amazing and spectacular,, i cannot put to words properly the gratitude i feel for you right now.
Thank you just doesnt seem enough.

If it is ok with you i would also like to thank marelle,juliette, nikki and robyn and all who helped out on the day. thank you. thank you. thank you.

with stamping hugs Tracey

Tracey DC said...

Thanks everyone especially you Kez for organising a great day. I had a great time.

Tracey DC

Lynda said...

Echo, echo, echo (the sentiments of those above!!) Had a ball and laffs galore. So nice to see that you got a shot of my best side (as you promised!!) Kath and I had the BEST day. You effort was unsurpassed and appreciated no end. Got to meet the LANA ladies and some of you other crafty pals. Have to visit again soon. ooxx

Juliette Chapman said...

Awesome job Kerry - love seeing the photos of these fantastic ladies in action.