Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Blues

It's DD's 19th birthday today and the first time ever she hasn't been home for her birthday, so I'm missing her especially much today. All my love and big hugs have been sent down to Melbourne to wish her a special day - Happy Birthday sweetie xxxxooooo mwah!

Naturally, I made her a card. DD's fav colours are blue and brown and she loves polka dots and cupcakes, so I have incorporated all of those things. I cased the card from the lovely Teneale and borrowed the stamp set from a friend.



As her main present is cash I thought I'd make a couple of small extras to pop in the mail with her card - just fun little things that will give her a giggle. I made a small box filled with her fav choccies and a lollipop holder for the sweet stuff, a post-it note holder as she uses tons of those, and another folder with a notepad, calendar and envelopes which I hope might come in handy occasionally. Here they are:






Materials used:
  • stamps - Crazy for Cupcakes, Party This Way, Afterthoughts, Every Moment 
  • card - soft suede, crumb cake, very vanilla, baja breeze, marina mist, not quite navy, watercolour paper
  • DSP - Elegant Soiree
  • other - box #2 die, decorative label punch, vintage brad, marina mist satin ribbon, markers, square punch, soft suede grosgrain ribbon, non SU balloon punch, crystal effects, owl punch
Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW what a BEAUTIFUL gift set,love your design and details on everything!!! I hope your daughter has a wonderful day!!
xx

Christine Blain said...

What a special 'care package' for your daughter's birthday. I feel very sad for you, Kez, having to experience your daughter's 'first birthday away from home'. Guess it has to happen sometime, but that doesn't make it easier. I love what you've made for her, and am sure she will too.

Liam said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. Love what you have created. All your goodies are gorgeous.

Liam

Kathryn Brennan said...

Wow, love it all. You are very clever!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

My stamping looks so meagre beside this wonderful feast of goodies! Happy birthday to miss 19! Hugs xxaxx

Carla said...

Oh happy birthday to your daughter!!! What a wonderful card and gift set. Just beautiful. I so love your chocolate cupcake!!! Hugs,

Heather T said...

What a gorgeous gift; all so beautifully co-ordinated. I am sure she will love it.