Sunday, June 5, 2011

Great Excitement

Well, we've got great excitement happening in our house at the moment for two reasons:
  1. DD is excited because today is her birthday and she is now DD13! Yes, my baby is officially a teenager - which is exciting and sad for me at the same time. But I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming and love spending time with her - she seems to have inherited a rather warped sense of humour from somewhere (can't imagine where/who!!!! :P) and we have tons of laughs together. 
  2. I am excited because I have a new craft room! Up until now I was squished on a small desk in a corner of my bedroom and stuff has been overflowing every which way I look (new stamps, papers etc seem to magically appear!), so I have now moved in to a craft room! After a very fun trip to IKEA (gotta love it!) and hours spent with my wonderful SIL helping assemble bookcases, I have started moving "schtuff" in! Once I am more settled in there I will get some photos up here for you to see my new slice of heaven!
So, naturally, these two events converged in that I needed to "christen" my new craft room by making a card - and had need of a card for DD's birthday! What could be more perfect? 

I found some great wrapping paper that has brightly coloured balloons all over it and also some fab take out boxes (for goodie bags) also covered in bright balloons ... so naturally I have used those gorgeous balloons from Crazy for Cupcakes (one of those sets that magically appeared, LOL!) and some bright, cheerful colours. Here tis:



Unfortunately the night I had the crystal effects drying was a cold one ... so cold that it has cracked the CE!!! Luckily DD understood. The sentiment stamp from PTI expressed my feelings perfectly ...


Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez

12 comments:

Robyn P said...

Love the card and how nice that the first card produced from your new card room should be one for your daughter. Hurry up and get the new room finished so we can see your new space !!

Cheryl said...

Oh Happy Birthday to your daughter,I hope she has a wonderful day and yeahhh your own craft room,looking forward to seeing the pics!!! BTW I love your card,so bright and cheery and such a wonderful design!!
xx

Karen said...

Oh my, that sentiment made me cry a little! and my girls are still only little! xxxx

Sandra Azzopardi said...

That sentiment is absolutely beautiful! Happy Birthday to your daughter! I hope she has a fantastic day and a year filled with fun and laughter.

Lynda said...

Happy Big B'days to Miss Lozzie!!! I had no idea that our daughter's were so close together...My missy turned 7 on the 3rd!! I love the card....it looks so cheerful and fun...everything a normal teenage gal should be...hee hee hee.
Congrats on the new craft digs....can't wait to be totally green with jealousy when you takethe pics.....and I can only imagine the schtuff!!! ooxx

Susan Joyce said...

Terrific teenage card Kerry.

stampingbarb said...

opps, cannot even leave messages, need more practise on this as well as making cards and doing workshops.

lets start again, Kerry your card is great, bet she loves it, love the sentiment also.

stampingbarb said...

Kerry this is lovely, i can relate to laughs with your Daughter. Great quote. In my house its the daughter making for me, watch her blog near the end of the week, she has made me the most georgous card giving me love and support after a couple of bipps in my weekend.

Ok, found it,kerry your work is worth two comments from me. lol Barb

Shandell said...

What a sweet and bright card :) Looking forward to seeing pics of your new scrap room!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So glad you have a new craft room! Every girl should have a craft room. I hope you spend many happy hours in it! My baby turned 13 in April ... so I can relate to the "bitter/sweet" feelings that go with that milestone! I have missed popping by to visit ... but family issues have been a big distraction over the last few weeks. I am looking forward to scrolling back through your recent posts and checking out your fab inspiration ... but won’t have time to comment on each! Hugs xxaxx

Kim Tonnet said...

Hi Kez, Congrats to you and your daughter on reaching this milestone. May her teenage years be smooth sailing! And I love that sentiment so much. Lovely colourful card too. Best wishes for decking out the craft room, might have to come and check it out one day. Luv KimT

Carla said...

You must be lovin' your new craft room... I'm so tickled for you. Tell your daughter Happy BDay, 13 is such a special age for girls.

I've so missed seeing your creations!!! They are all so "Kez Awesome"!!! I love your 'unconvention projects'! Such a fabulous idea and I'll just bet loads of fun for all!!!

Hugs, Carla