Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pencil Magic

(second post today - scroll down for earlier post)

Last week my Sunday ladies learned the Black Magic technique - so simple and so effective.

Here are the cards they made:


This one was inspired by a card by Deb Valder and I've used "kerry cobbler", basic black and white with the Just Believe stamp set. In the background are En Francais (LOVE this stamp) with a non-SU harlequin design.

Next up I dragged out retired set Live Like You Mean It and used a gorgeous nestabilities shape for highlighting my main panel. The spotted background paper is from Love Letters and I just sponged some purple on to match my flowers. I shaped my "banner" sentiment with my bone folder to get it to sit how I wanted it.


Last but not least, I don't think you can do this technique without using either Upsy Daisy or Inspired by Nature - both sets were just "made" for this style! I chose IBN and here's how it ended up:


Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Carla said...

Oh they are beautiful. I've tried this technique once... will have to again. Hugs,

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wonderful samples, Kez. Lovely colours ... and gorgeous designs! Sigh ... I wish I could get my gel pen to work!!! Hugs xxaxx