Saturday, June 18, 2011

Playing With My Brayer

Had an urge to dust off my brayer, so I pulled out the fabulous Sail Away again - so great for male cards - and brayered a moon rising on the horizon using marina mist and night of navy for the sea and more mustard, cajun craze and kerry cobbler for the sky.


The stamped background on the mustard is Old World Map, a retired SU stamp borrowed from the lovely Lynda, and the DSP is Nautical Expedition (not released in Aus but PLEASE put it in our new catty! with the matching stamp set, preferably!!!).

Now, I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have used the in colour Poppy Parade. It's not really my cup of tea - it's no kerry cobbler, let's face it! - but I made a concerted effort to give it an airing with this card.


I brayered with daffodil delight, peach parfait and poppy parade and I think they have blended really well together. The bird from Every Moment was stamped in black StazOn ink and then coloured in with basic black marker, then I stamped the grass from Inspired by Nature (hope they never retire this set) using my stamp-a-ma-jig to place it just so. Some embossing with the square lattice and there's my card.

Thanks for all your kind words on my first tutorial and I hope you'll stop by again soon.

Cheers
Kez

9 comments:

Kim Tonnet said...

That sailing card rocks - so cool. I'm green with envy over your brayering skills. Luv KimT

Karen said...

Love your brayering Kerry, simply gorgeous. I agree love the DSP paper

Paula Dobson said...

Absolute works of art Kerry. I agree with your comments on the Every Moment set - I love it too! Especially as a silhouette as you have done here. Your brayering is wonderful ♥

Lynda said...

OK....firstly WOW...and SNAP!!! I have Sail Away on my wish list and went to SCS last to see whats abt. I also said to myself I have to pop to ur blog cause I know you have used it a bit....voila!!! Sail Away card!! This is breathtakingly brilliant. I am still trying to wk out how you keep the sails white (?? masked too) but the final result is mesmorising. your wee birdy card wants me to sing Morning Has Broken!! These are beautiful. ooxx

Jacqui said...

Kerry I love your brayering. Any tips you can give me would be appreciated, as try as I might I cannot get it right!!!! Love your blog so have added it to my blogroll. Trust that is ok with you!

Rob I said...

oh my, more for me to case. Gorjuss of course Miss Kez. Must be all that mojo due to your new craft room
hugs

Carla said...

Oh Kez, this is so beautiful. I love your brayering and the colors are gorgeous. Hugs,

Heather T said...

Your brayering is so well done Kez, I love the scene with the grass. I'm inspired to try something similar.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is sensational! Love the rich colours, Kez! Hugs xxaxx