Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Going, Going, Gone

I'm a little behind in my posting, so today's cards use stamps from the now ended Autumn/Winter mini. Both these masculine stamps are fabulous and so versatile.

Firstly I cased my own card which was a case of someone else's card! Hmm, if you managed to follow that logic, here's Sail Away again:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Sail Away, The Open Sea
  • card - cherry cobbler, very vanilla, crumb cake, night of navy, watercolour
  • other - night of navy striped grosgrain, dimensionals, nestabilities die, aquapainter
That gorgeous ribbon is on the retirement list, so I'll be stocking up on that one!

Next a simple card with plenty of texture and a bit of "grunge". I also put some crystal effects over the coloured portions of the bike to give it that "shiny motorcycle" buzz, lol!


Materials used:
  • stamps - Motorcycle, Sanded 
  • card - not quite navy, very vanilla, crumb cake, soft suede
  • other - crystal effects, square lattice embossing folder, dimensionals
I think the sanded background stamp might be on the retirement list too, so that's another favourite going. Ho hum.

And then, as it's DH's birthday on Friday, I made another Sail Away for him. As you know, he likes bold colours, so I've used my fav red, white and blue nautical theme! Layout inspired by a card by Lesley Annabel.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Sail Away, Best Dad Ever, French Foliage, The Open Sea
  • card - cherry cobbler, whisper white, not quite navy
  • other - white embossing powder and heat tool, cherry cobbler bakers twine, non SU charm, dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Kerry I love both of these too. I now also have Sail Away...so u can guess where these inspirational cards ened up huh??? DH will be so v v wrapped with his card. It rocks. ooxx

Kathryn Brennan said...

Love the card for your husband. All the element work so well.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! You are on a roll, Kez! Can I borrow some of that fab mojo that you are flashing around??? These are great! Love the idea of CASE-ing yourself! Might have to try that ... to get the mojo flowing again. Hugs xxaxx

Lesley said...

great card