Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Feast of "Kerry Cobbler" and Embossing

For my Christmas stamp-a-stack cards this month I went crazy with embossing - both wet and dry - and couldn't resist putting my all-time favourite red in there too!


The main image for this first card was stamped with black craft ink and clear embossed and the crumb cake panel behind it was embossed with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder. Some gorgeous faux kerry cobbler satin ribbon and bow top it off just nicely, don't you think? Unfortunately the light has caught the embossing powder and it looks like there's gaps in my black, but trust me there isn't!!


The image on my second card was stamped with Versamark and embossed with new product cherry cobbler embossing powder (mana from heaven! lol). The flowers on the stamp go perfectly with the petals aplenty embossing folder in the background - well, you know what a matchy-matchy girl I am!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Welcome Christmas, Gifts of Christmas
  • card - crumb cake, very vanilla, cherry cobbler, soft suede
  • embossing folders - vintage wallpaper, petals aplenty
  • other - dimensionals, Big Shot, heat tool, clear embossing powder, cherry cobbler embossing powder, nestabilities die (non SU), satin ribbon (non SU)
I hope you're not all kerry cobbler-ed out cos I have a suspicion there might be more on my Christmas card horizon!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez


3 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh my Kerry. I so love the 2nd card. Classic Kerry Cobbler. Perfect balance of dry and wet embossing. So KNEW u'd love the cobbler EP...hee hee hee!!! The top image is so homely and almost reminds me of a Woman's Weekly pic. Beautiful cards darl'n. ooxx

DD19 said...

I approve of the colour schemes of these cards. The cards themselves are also nice. Perhaps we could have a Cherry Cobbler Christmas this year?

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! These are soooo beautiful. I am so jealous that you have that gorgeous Gifts of Christmas set! Hugs xxaxx