Monday, September 19, 2011

Spotlight on Inspiration

I made this card yesterday and a friend suggested it would be perfect for this week's Less is More challenge. I don't often do a card as minimalist as this one, but it just seemed right at the time.

So, in a thorough departure from my usual style, here is my card:



I've used one of the new Designer Frames textured impressions embossing folders and if you are having trouble with this one, here's the Big Shot "sandwich" that worked for me: multipurpose platform with both flaps open, premium crease pad, embossing folder with card in, second premium crease pad on top. That's right, no cutting mats at all.

My colour combo was inspired by a display of bathroom towels I saw recently at my local Spotlight store - I thought they looked stunning together, so that's what I've used! Just goes to show you can find inspiration anywhere!

Materials used:

  • stamps - Creative Elements
  • card - island indigo, cherry cobbler, whisper white
  • other - designer frames embossing folder, dimensionals

Hope you find some inspiration around you today.Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

Welcome to "Less is More", I hope you'll join us frequently in future Kerry. This is stunning and perfect for our challenge, I love the colour combo!
Thanks so much for helping us in our attempt for 1000 submissions this week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Pauline said...

This is fab! Love that embossed frame!

Rob I said...

Gee that photographed well cause it certainly looked stunning IRL. That creative elements set is definitely on my must buy list, esp with that gorgeous swirl. I also wasnt really impressed with the designer frame but you have showcased it so well. Just gorjuss, Miss Kez

Mandi said...

Perfect!
Do join us again Kerry

Thanks so much for helping us in our challenge for 1000 entries!
Mandi
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Gorgeous card, great colours.

Jenni's Jems said...

Just love this it's stunning x

Patrice said...

I LOVE your 'minimalist' card and what a terrific colour inspiration story - you're right, it can be found anywhere.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Well done, Kez. And ... thanks for a "looky" at the new TE folder! Gives me an idea of size! Hugs xxaxx

Lynda said...

Wow Kerry.....this is GORJUS to the MAX. Love the Kerry Cobbler. Perhaps the minimalist style you shd try more...this is beautiful. Island indigo is a pretty colour. Must try and see it IRL. Love the fine scissor wk on the antennae too WOW. Soory it took me so long to get round to commenting....I did diligently keep it in my inbox tho til I got a minny!!! ooxx