Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weekend Wonderfuls

I'm sure you want to see more of the wonderful things we made away at our craft weekend, don't you? I just have to show you this gorgeous little box we made - I have already got a demand from DD13 that I make one for her, so I can see I might possibly be churning out a few of these! It was pretty straightforward to make - when I managed to stick it together the right way! - there were just lots of little bits and pieces, but we were under great tutelage.

Here it is all closed up:


And when you open it up, there's a "shelf" for goodies plus two little drawers.


It only measures 11 x 7.5 cm, so it's a real little cutie!

Another gorgeous project we made was a faux brick wall card. I hadn't tried this technique before and there are various methods of doing it, but I must say that it was nowhere near as difficult as I feared it might be. Once you got your first row of bricks down, it all fell into place quite easily. This is a really beautiful card, take a lookie:


Yes, each brick was individually cut and sponged! Not as bad as it sounds, and doesn't the embossing look stunning? The colours are river rock, pretty in pink and whisper white.

And lastly I'll leave you with a couple of cards I made using Field Flowers, a beautiful new set from the catalogue.


Here I've used First Edition DSP, new in colour Wisteria Wonder (teamed with Concord Crush) and the new Very Vanilla seam binding. I sprayed the seam binding with shimmer mist and scrunched it up to give a vintage look, then tied it in a double bow.


This one is in daffodil delight, basic black and whisper white. The DSP on the left is from Big Top Birthday and on the right is card embossed using the new stripes embossing folder. The sentiment is from Happiness Shared.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous projects Kerry, love them all.

Lynda said...

So KNEW I'd miss out on a brilliant box proj at ur w'end away....aaarrrggghhhhh!!!! Are they magnetic clasps??? Too cute and I can see how DD13 WOULD be demanding!!! I tried (and failed badly) at faux brick in S'pore....but I think I had the wrong stamp used. Urs looks sooo v v speccy. I now have that botanical set on my fence sitting wish list. I love what u have done with it Kez....the colour combos really make the stamps shine. So well done all round darl. ooxx

Liz said...

Love the box! Do you have instructions you could share?

Regards Liz