Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Santa Candy

Last night I had the pleasure of a Christmas dinner celebration with many of the lovely ladies who have come to my classes all year. We dined in a beautiful heritage listed building with tons of atmosphere and scrumptious food - it doesn't get much better than that!

I had made a small gift for each of them using the new candy wrapper die and plenty of bling:


The square buckle was for one lady who doesn't eat chocolate or sweets, so I could tell which one was hers. These were so fast and easy to make, I think there may be some on our Christmas table this year.

We also do a Secret Santa gift and I bought some gorgeous bath confetti that looks like rosebuds - you break the rose petals apart and sprinkle them in your bath, where they melt to  make you smell like roses. How lovely would it be to take a bath in rose petals? Mmmmmmmmmm! But the packaging they came in was pretty basic, so I fancied it up a notch.

Here's the rose petal confetti:


I punched out a lacy border using the lace ribbon border punch, threaded some fine ribbon through and added some pearls for a special touch.


Then on the front I put a gorgeous big satin bow held with a pearl brad.


It was, as always, a fun and enjoyable night and I once again reflected on how lucky I am to have such lovely ladies come to my classes and make it such a pleasure to teach something I love to do. I already can't wait until next year's classes begin!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Love the wee boxes Kerry. I can just see them adorning the Bunting Chrissy Table. Bet they went down a treat. The extra effore in the bath confetti also was WELL worth the effort. Looks AMAZING. hope a fantastic time was had by all. ooxx